Thursday 13 March 2014

The Weight of Mountains

Found an informative video online through Alex Honnold's Facebook page. I always wished that I had a geologist friend to go hiking with. This is probably a glimpse of what that would be like. Enjoy.


The Weight of Mountains from Studiocanoe on Vimeo.

It's fascinating to learn about nature. Science helps us rationalize, categorize, and understand nature; however, I'm a firm believer in experiencing our own personal realities the way they are build around us. Maybe we can't take off all the labels but we can certainly pretend that we are. In other words, maybe we should just sit back and really enjoy. 


WHEN I HEARD THE LEARN'D ASTRONOMER:
- Walter Witman
 
When I heard the learn'd astronomer;
When the proofs, the figures, were ranged in columns before me;
When I was shown the charts and the diagrams, to add, divide, and measure them;
When I, sitting, heard the astronomer, where he lectured with much  applause in the lecture-room,
How soon, unaccountable, I became tired and sick;
Till rising and gliding out, I wander'd off by myself,
In the mystical moist night-air, and from time to time,
Look'd up in perfect silence at the stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment